P&G creates more new brands and categories than any other consumer goods company, driven by the Company’s enormous innovative capacity. That mission is carried out at our General Offices, innovation centers, technical centers and manufacturing locations.
P&G’s global headquarters, the General Offices are located in the heart of downtown Cincinnati. This is the global hub of P&G, which markets 300 brands to nearly five billion consumers in over 160 countries. The 14.25 acre G.O. complex consists of three buildings: The Tower Building, built in 1984; and the Central Building, built in 1955 with an addition built in 1972 and the Sycamore Building.
The F&HC Innovation Center, located in the City of St. Bernard, conducts product research, product technology and development, analytical chemistry, and human & environmental safety for fabric and home care brands. Combined, the F&HC Innovation Center has over 775,000 sq. ft. of laboratory space and consists of two wings: a state-of-the-art facility opened in 2003 called the Millennium Wing and the Historic Wing. The Millennium Wing includes offices; laboratory facilities, a pilot plant and consumer panel facilities. It is connected by skywalk to the Historic Wing which was until recently called the Ivorydale Technical Center (ITC). ITC was P&G’s oldest research facility and was originally known as The Manufacturing, Administration and Research Building. It was built in 1939 to house the increasing number of Company product development, manufacturing and engineering employees. Continuing emphasis on Research and Development led to numerous expansions and renovations of this site over the years.
WHBC is a 263-acre, campus style facility built on a hillside location near College Hill. P&G'ers located at "The Hill" focus on developing new Baby Care, Family Care, Fem Care and Snacks. This site was originally built in 1958 and now consists of 13 buildings covering 1.27 million square feet of labs and offices. Major renovation, including a new fitness center, was completed in several of the buildings in 2005. The campus, with buildings located on both sides of the roadway, is connected via two pedestrian tunnels.
SWIC Site is located in Blue Ash. SWIC is a campus-style facility that provides an excellent working place for research and development focused on P&G’s Beauty Business and Global Chemicals Business. The facility campus was initially developed in 1972 and today houses a 717,000 square feet of floor space (8 separate buildings) with 15 percent dedicated to laboratories. A tunnel joins buildings on both sides of Reed Hartman Highway.
MBC is the Company’s global health care headquarters located in the City of Mason, Ohio. The facilities are dedicated to all global commercial aspects of P&G Oral Care, Personal Health Care and Pet Care products. Opened in May of 1995, this 1.15 million square foot center is designed to encourage interaction with open, flexible laboratory and office spaces that foster collaboration, facilitate change and promote creativity.
This site of P&G innovation is located 17 miles northwest of downtown Cincinnati. It was considered one of the finest industrial research facilities in the nation when it was completed in 1952.
This Fabric & Home Care plant currently utilizes 14.5 acres of the original site. The larger, original site dates back to 1885 when the first plant started up to produce a popular floating soap called Ivory, which became the area’s namesake and which is still manufactured there. There are currently about 70 P&G manufacturing positions at the site – the remainder of the site is now owned by other entities. This site adjoins the Fabric & Home Care Innovation Center.
In 1998, P&G’s Global Packaging Design & Development (GPDD) moved into a 190,000 square foot building at BRTC. They where joined in 1999 by the Corporate Engineering Technologies Lab (CETL) group, which occupies a 300,000 square foot building. The two groups often work together and collaborate on similar projects. Their shared objective is to increase the number and speed of P&G new product introduction into the global market place. They bring together a unique blend of fundamental science and technology with engineering application skills to deliver this objective. Prologis Development Corporation is the developer for both projects and leases the buildings to P&G.